Saturday, December 16, 2006

First Real Wood Purchase

The other weekend I made my first Real wood purchase from a sawyer on the west side of the state. I bought 75 board feet of soft maple, 50 board feet of quarter sawn white oak and 30 board feet of rift sawn white oak. I was only able to pick up the soft maple as the white oak is still drying. This is very exciting as the wood is much better than what you can get at the BORG (Big Orange Box Store) and about 3 to 4 times cheaper. Here are some pictures of the soft maple.

































The wood is rough sawn so that means we will have to invest in a jointer and planer to make life much easier. I do not mind as the cost savings on just this purchase almost pays for both pieces of machinery. I just have to make room in the garage and do more electrical.

No comments: